Message from Parish Priest
As announced by Bishop, effective from 15/8/20 masses will resume. However, NO gatherings or functions are allowed at this time. The age limit is between 13-69, and the parishioners need to be of good health, without any chronic diseases.
Meetings by ministries or other church groups are allowed but require Father’s permission in advance (min 48 hrs prior) to the date of the meeting.
RCIA sessions can resume from 15/08/20 onwards as well.
However the following SOPs *MUST* be strictly followed, without fail:
- Meetings should be conducted virtually whenever possible. If face to face meetings can’t be avoided, these meetings are strictly limited to an hour.
- All attendees of the face to face meetings *MUST* comply with the following:
- MUST be within the age of 13-69, well and without any COVID like symptoms.
- Has not been in contact with anyone suspected or infected by COVID-19
- MUST wear a 3-ply mask when entering the church compound.
- The meetings are limited to a maximum of 20 people ONLY, where 1m social distancing can be observed between attendees (e.g. in large rooms)
- The meeting organizer MUST ensure that the temperature readings, names and phone numbers of the attendees are taken and a copy of this record is left with the church office.
- All attendees must bring their own stationary and record their details (above-mentioned) with their own pens.
- All attendees MUST bring their own sanitizer to the meeting and are encouraged to sanitize their hands before, during and after the meetings.
- RCIA Classes should end within 1 1/2 hours
- NO gathering and communal meals are allowed.
These SOPs MUST be adhered to strictly, as COVID-19 is still very much a threat to our community and we need to be responsible.
Furthermore the authorities will visit us at anytime, even during mass to ensure we are in full compliance with the SOPs.
If you have any concerns or require further clarification please do not hesitate to contact the PPC chairperson or apostolate heads.
Lastly please continue to pray for the end of this pandemic and the safety of all of the faithful. Your are always in my prayers. Thank you and God Bless.
PP Fr Eddie
Masses during RMCO:
STARTING FROM 25 July 2020 Contact your BEC leaders for Mass registration
St Mary’s hall will not be available for booking on the weekends until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted as the hall will be used for Masses.
Daily mass will resume from 17 August 2020 at the Notre Dame Hall during this Covid season.
On 15 August 2020 Saturday 7.30am Feast of the Assumption
Weekdays: Monday - Friday 7.30am
1st Saturday of the month 7.30am
We, the Priests of The Church of the Immaculate Conception (CIC JB) welcome you to our website. This historic and the oldest church of Johor Bahru was built in the year of 1927 by the late Rev. Fr. C. Saleilles, M. AP. The original church was built in the year 1883 and was named as “Our Lady of Lourdes”. CIC JB is an active centre of Catholic life and prayer in the heart of Johor Bahru City. The Roman Catholic priests continue their tradition of preaching, personal instruction, sacramental life and pastoral care extending well beyond the geographical boundaries of Johor Bahru.
We hope that you will find in these web pages much to inspire you in your Catholic life and we warmly invite you to complement this virtual visit with a personal visit in the near future.
May God bless you and all those dear to you.